Learning how to Blog has the potential to change your life. Blogging is the most modernized approach to gain visitors, engaging them and letting them know about the product or service you want to promote.
For some bloggers it’s a way to blow off their steam after hard day at work and for some it’s fun which allows them to make money on top of their normal day.
There are still those for whom blogging has become a business. One so profitable they’re able to quit their jobs, travel the world, and live life on their terms.
Blogging can be done at low cost, zero risk way to open new doors of opportunity that weren’t previously there before. Doors that don’t involve selling the latest items to your friends and family on Facebook.
In this article I am going to walk you through the steps of how to start a blog in 15 – 20 mins., even though you are a total beginner.
Step – 1 : Choose your Niche and get a domain
i – Finalize your Niche
To start with the Blogging, first thing that you need to do is finalize an appropriate niche on which you can enthusiastically work. Anything that is not interesting to you won’t work out for you in the long run. In order to finalize your niche you need keep these things in mind:
What niche you should select?
- Make a list of 3-4 interest and passions.
- Do a market research and find how tending are those topic of interests.
- Select the one which can help you gain more traffic.
How popular will that niche be future?
- Each business or blog must solve a pain point of users in that sector. List down at least 3 pain points that you or any other user faces for each of those interests.
- Check out Google trends for the search behavior around the pain points.
- Repeat the same process for all your 3-4 interests.
Finalize your niche
- Now finalize your niche depending on your findings.
- Search for relevant websites and blogs; check what type of content they are posting and validate your idea of the blog.
ii. Finalize your domain
After you have finalized you niche now it’s time to get a domain. A domain name is your website name. A domain name is the address where Internet users can access your website. A domain name is used for finding and identifying computers on the Internet.
A good domain name should be short and easy to remember, followed by top-level domain extensions, .com, .org, .co.in, .us, .uk, .org, etc.
To finalize your domain name you have to work on the following steps:
- Checkout the websites most relevant to your niche and make a list of it.
- Play around with words. It’s difficult to get a single word domain so it’s good to try two-word domain name.
- Once you have finalized your domain, visit GoDaddy.com home page and check if your chosen domain is available or not. GoDaddy will also display alternate domain extensions. You can select from the legacy and country specific domain extensions listed above.
Step 2 : Choose a Web Hosting plan
After you have registered your domain on GoDaddy now you have to choose a Hosting plan for your website. You can go for SiteGround which one of the best web hosting services are crafted for top speed, unmatched security, 24/7 fast and expert support. Trusted by more than 2000000 domains! Choose your Hosting plan
By opening the link above you can go to the home page of SiteGround and then follow these steps:
- Select Web Hosting service
- Then select among one of the plans StartUp, GrowBig, GoGeek . Fo beginners you can go to StartUp plan and upgrade later. Also dont’s forget to checkout the Essential Features
- Click on Get Plan
- Enter your Domain. (If you have a domain you can select “I have existing domain” or “Register a new domain”
- Then click on Proceed and fill up the form with required details to complete the purchase.
- Once done login to the SiteGround home page and Manage your website.
- You can also refer to the SiteGround tutorial for for help.
Step 3 : Install Worpress
Once your domain and hosting setup is complete. go to SiteGround console and Install WordPress. Also update your Name Servers on GoDaddy console, so that it can link with SiteGround.
Once these steps are performed install & manage WordPress. Once the WordPress site is live you can can setup Admin id and password for login to yourdomainname.com/wp-admin/.
And that’s it! You’re all set up and ready to go with your new site.
Step 4 : Login to WordPress and Create your profile
Once you are logged in to WordPress site using your Admin credentials, create a new Administrator profile. You can follow the below steps:
- Login to WordPress dashboard and hover to ‘Users’ and click on ‘All Users’.
- Now you will see your default ‘User’ profile listed there. This profile is not editable thus we need to create a new profile by clicking ‘Add New’.
- Fill a new username, it can be your name, your website name or anything. Make note of this username as you’ll need it to log-in to your WordPress blog from now onwards. Then enter the email.
- Enter your First and Last name, your domain and then click on “Show Password”. Step a password of your choice which should be Strong and easy to remember. Note: You must not forget this password otherwise you won’t be able to login to your website and won’t be able to reset the password.
- Don’t forget to change the role to ‘Administrator’. After that, click ‘Add New User’.
- Now you will be redirected to the All Users page where you’ll see you new profile (just created) listed.
- Log put of WorPress dashboard and login with your new profile
Step 5 : Install WordPress Theme and Plugins
Once you are logged in WordPress dashboard hover to Appearance and click On Themes and start downloading the Themes of your choice. Setup the website as you want and start writing blogs and Publish it.
Any more questions on how to start a blog? Let me know in the comments and I’ll respond! Check out the site for help with SEO on your blog.